Teen Intervention Program (TIP) - Butler County
The Teen Intervention Program (TIP) is a juvenile delinquency prevention program serving offenders and at-risk youth 12-17 years of age. TIP teaches a nationally recognized curriculum, "Thinking for a Change" (T4C) and "Aggression Replacement Training" (ART).
T4C is a curriculum developed by the National Institute of Corrections, which focuses on teaching pro-social skills. The T4C program targets delinquency risk factors associated with antisocial personality and behavior. Through the T4C curriculum, offenders learn to recognize thoughts, feelings, attitudes and beliefs that could lead to problem behaviors and are taught problem solving and interpersonal skills to effectively manage difficult situations.
"Aggression Replacement Training" (ART) is an evidence based, cognitive behavioral multi-concept intervention program. The theory behind the ART curriculum is that aggression is a learned behavior and chronically aggressive youth often do not have the pro-social skills needed to maintain a non-aggressive lifestyle.
Butler County provides services of "Thinking for a Change" and "Aggression Replacement Training." Sessions alternate between the two programs.
TIP sessions run for 10 weeks and are held on Tuesday evenings from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM in El Dorado, KS.
- Participants attend the program once per week.
- TIP serves youth ages 12-17 years of age who are currently involved with the justice system.
- A one-time $50 non-refundable program fee is required per participant. ART participants meet twice weekly, for 8 weeks, on Tuesday and Friday evenings from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM in El Dorado, KS.
- ART serves youth ages 12-17 years of age who are experiencing chronically aggressive behaviors and/or are currently involved with the justice system.
- A one-time $75 non-refundable program fee is required per participant. T
- To Enroll: Contact Heather Snapp, email@example.com or 316.269.4160
Download this form, print, fill out and either:
PO Box 670
Wichita, KS 67201
1010 N. Main
Wichita, KS 67203